It’s Back-to-School time again! Your children are most likely feeling excited to see their friends again, sad that summer is over, and quite possibly having some first-day jitters. Moms and dads have the same range of emotions, from being relieved to getting back into the school routine, yet disappointed that family vacation time is coming to an end.
Back-to-School time is a busy time of year from school supply and back-to-school clothes shopping, to early bed times and LOTS of paperwork to fill out, assuring the school has all of your current information (phone numbers and medical needs being most important!)
Here are some great tips from FamilyEducation.com to help get your new school year off to a GREAT start:
- Shop smart for school supplies with Top 10 Ways to Save
- Ease back-to-school fears with Cures for First-Day Jitters & 10 Tips for a Smooth Start
- Start some school-day routines and make them stick by using these printable checklists to get your child into a smooth morning, after-school, and bedtime routine: Morning Routine Checklist & Bedtime Routine Checklist
- Print this 2013-2014 School-Year Calendar to note your child’s important school events
- Spruce up your child’s lunch with 10 Easy Ideas for Better Bag Lunches
- Hang these 12 School Year Resolutions on your refrigerator to keep you and your children focused and stress-free from September to June
- Discuss playground safety tips
Did you know most accidents, nearly 70%, occur on public playgrounds, including school playgrounds? More than one-third of all playground injuries are severe, with children experiencing broken bones, internal injuries, concussions, and dislocations. For more information on playground safety, be sure to read CastCoverz!’s very own Annette Giacomazzi’s guest blog post Playground Safety, featured by Tailor Made Momma.
CastCoverz! provides FUN, functional, and fashionable products that comfort orthopedic patients; from cast, brace, and orthotic boot covers to colored crutches, crutch covers, waterproof protectors (DryPro) and CastCooler for sheer relief. One of our biggest jobs, as a parent, is to keep our children safe! Should an accident occur, CastCoverz! is here to help your child feel better, so they heal better!