You’re not alone if you have bone and joint issues! This week, CastCoverz! observes, and practices, healthy bone and joint education and we want you to try to live your best pain-free life with us.
There are five days to bring awareness to this week:
- October 12 – World Arthritis Day
- October 16 – World Spine Day
- October 17 – World Trauma Day
- October 19 – World Pediatric Bone and Joint (PB&J) Day
- October 20 – World Osteoporosis Day
A couple common bone and joint diseases: Osteoporosis and Arthritis, both debilitating, can lead to more severe injuries if not taken care of properly.
Osteoporosis is the most common bone disease and leads to weak bones which can cause fractures. Fractures can lead to bone and nerve discomfort throughout your life if not properly treated, but the best way to avoid a fracture is by being cautious and improving your health.
Arthritis is joint pain and joint disease with 100 different types and conditions. Arthritis can make it hard to live a normal day-to-day life and cause permanent damage to your joints.
In observance of this national action week (every year from October 12-20), CastCoverz! has some tips and tricks to help you achieve the best joint and bone health you can have.
- Stay active: take a new yoga class, go for a bike ride, swim a few laps, or take a walk around your neighborhood.
- Eat a balanced diet: increasing important vitamins like Vitamin D and Calcium are great additions to your diet, eat whole fruits and vegetables, get enough protein.
- Contact your healthcare provider to stay on top of your bone and joint health, and alert them if you feel any aches or pain. Early detection could save you years of discomfort, and they will provide the best methods of treatment options.
- Cut out smoking/drinking/anything that won’t benefit your body..
- Keep your body weight at a healthy level.
We hope that you can live your life pain-free, but if your bones let you down, we’re here to help you heal better and feel better!