Ahhhhh, you are injured and boredom is setting in. You are sitting thinking of all the things you could be doing if you weren’t stuck in this situation. You are feeling trapped and the walls are closing in around you.
Frustrating isn’t it? It makes you angry and cranky, and is affecting not only you, but those around you as well. You have the itch to do something. ANYTHING. But what?
Hang in there, help is on the way! Here is a great list of things to keep you occupied while resting and recovering that will help keep your mind off of the things you can’t do.
- Binge watch your favorite movies or a childhood TV series from start to finish
- Play board games, start a puzzle, blow bubbles, or bust out the Play-Doh…why not?
- Sort through old photos and make scrapbooks for your family and friends
- Learn something new, like knitting, juggling, or maybe even a new language
- Create a free blog, share your experience AND your road to recovery
- Start that bucket list; in fact, make a book with photos to help inspire you
- Research your next vacation; big or small, near or far…plan something fun
- Color…who doesn’t love to color? It actually releases tension, too! For FUN coloring pictures, click HERE
- Create a playlist. Add all your favorite songs and jam out while making it. Cheers you up and gives you something you can use forever!
- Have a cast, boot, or crutch decorating party; your friends might just have some fun & creative ideas! Be sure to check out our 3 part Blog series “How to Bling Your Boot, Cast, & Crutches“, too!
Here’s a bonus tip: Do something old-fashioned. Write thank you (and catch-up) notes to your friends and family!
We’d love to hear from our readers! Please leave your best family-friendly tips and ideas, below!